Based in the Midlands and focused on supporting the sales of forged and value-added components, we are seeking an Estimator with a good production engineering background and commercial awareness to support this established and growing group of companies.
As Estimator, you will be responsible for working alongside the commercial and engineering team to provide accurate costings incorporating material, machining and processing contents to support our Clients sales activity across a range of engineering sectors.
Specifically, the Estimator will:
- Receive and review requests for quotes and RFQ's
- Work alongside the sales team to analyse customer drawings, models, specifications and instructions to calculate or estimate product or process manufacturing costs
- Using Excel, build component cost summaries (i.e. materials, labour, rate) to produce the overall quote cost - this will included tooling, programming/machining costs and expected scrap margin rates
- Support the generation of quotations
As an Estimator, you must:
- Be an excellent MS Excel user
- Have a good manufacturing engineering awareness and understand manufacturing processes
- Have a sales and commercial awareness
- Be able to read drawings
- Be able to work closely with the existing engineering and commercial teams
- Have a relevant or suitable technical / engineering qualification level.
Our client is growing, works across a broad engineering range and therefore this role will support this continuing growth.
If you are seeking an exciting role within a leading organisation, then please click on the link to apply or contact Ed Smith - Automation Recruitment Specialist - or call . Ref# AR2015