- Contract Type
Assist senior team members in the delivery of a high quality research proposition that supports the requirements of the overall Investment Proposition.
Equity Research Responsibilities
- Assist in the maintenance of quantitative databases used for screening equities.
- Due diligence analysis of companies in order to produce high-quality research notes.
- Work with other team members to create periodic sector/industry outlooks.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and write detailed summaries for stocks across multiple market capitalizations and geographies as required.
- Work closely with Analysts to coordinate research and generate ideas.
Collectives Research Responsibilities
- Assist in the maintenance of quantitative databases used for screening fund managers.
- Due diligence analysis of fund managers across all asset classes and investment sectors.
- Assist in writing fund research reports and summaries following the due diligence process.
- Review the suitability of funds for model and client portfolios.
- Assist in the monitoring of manager performance.
- Assist in the management of the various funds managed by the group.
- Assist portfolio managers with the construction of bespoke portfolios for clients.
- Assist in spreadsheet maintenance and any other operational tasks required.
- Maintain all operational spreadsheets used by the investment research team.
- Assist in compliance and other duties as required by the team.
Experience/qualifications required for a role
- Ideally, experience in equity research within an investment firm.
- A strong academic background with a degree in a quantitative subject.
- Ideally, have the IMC, and some progress on the CFA would be a plus.
- A strong grasp of Microsoft Excel with the ability to build financial models.
- Some knowledge of financial and analytical software such as Bloomberg.
- A good understanding of financial markets a genuine interest in the macro economy.
Synonyms: Research Analyst, Investment Analyst
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren't necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive GBP200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.