New Product Development
Join our team in Oswestry, 20 minutes away from Shrewsbury and Wrexham, to manage our New Product Development, making fashion watches, and clocks for the lifestyle and homewares industry, and selling to stores like John Lewis, Debenhams, supermarkets and independents.
As the person managing new product development, NPD, you will track new design studio projects, and hand them over to our Chinese partners once you are certain the project is feasible and all details are correct, then coordinate with your Chinese counterparts to deliver a smooth transition from product concept to finished product.
• 'Design for manufacture' is considering all the practical choices in a product's design to ensure trouble free manufacturing and cost savings.
• You will scrutinise and hone product specs and will have ultimate accountability for accuracy.
• Hand over new product specs to the most appropriate factories in China and receive initial feedback and pricing.
• Price assessment and ongoing discussions with the factories, agreeing the most suitable materials and best method of production.
• Price negotiation.
• Procurement, assessment and feedback/approval of the first sets of samples from the factories. Maintain samples and track sampling stages.
• Manage the product's development from concept through to production ready, and then hand over to the supply chain team.
• Hand hold the supply chain team through the first order ensuring new products are on spec, on time and are the right high level of quality.
• Assistance will be given to the supply chain team should a quality or technical issue with a new shipment come to light and need overcoming.
• This role could suit a wide array of people with various skill sets, from someone who has a practical mind and strong organisational skills, through to someone with more technical experience.
• All of our products are relatively simple to make, there are no complex parts, materials or finishes.
• This role reports to the Senior Development Manager.
We are of course interested to hear of any other relevant experience, possibly in a technologist role, and/or qualifications and it goes without saying we are looking for a dynamic fun loving person with strong communication, negotiation, organisational and troubleshooting skills, and a high level of detail and ability to work to strict deadlines. It's important the successful candidate enjoys the entrepreneurial character and culture at Newgate where we seek a strong work ethic and ability to adapt to changes as the company grows.