Continuous Improvement Manager
SF Group is currently looking for a Continuous Improvement/Process Engineer with experience of working within a busy, high volume manufacturing environment!
This position has come about through business growth within the company’s sector. It is currently experiencing fantastic structured growth and is looking for someone to join the team and expand their career within.
Day to Day responsibilities include
- Accountable for delivery of improvement projects across the site, and upstream processes by working closely with the Technical Function and Area Business Unit Manager.
- Is responsible for defining & deploying routine Operator preventative maintenance schedules.
- Will use Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Tools such as SPC, FMEAs, 5S and Lean Sigma structured problem solving techniques to drive improvements.
- Will effectively collaborate with Health & Safety, Operations, Engineering, and Technical, functions to achieve scrap, cost and safety requirements.
- Will identify and support implementation of improvements in equipment utilisation, energy usage, product quality and labour efficiencies to achieve Daily Flex Targets.
- Will undertake Non Standard event analysis & support Corrective Action Report process including communication on of all issues to teams.
- Working with and communicating at all levels within the business while utilising a range of structured problem solving techniques you will lead, deploy and ensure sustainment.
- Management of small improvement teams facilitating lean manufacturing principles.
- Employing constraint-busting techniques to drive improvements in all of the business KPIs.
Effectively communicate all levels via presentations and briefings.
The ideal person will be/have:
- A demonstrable track record of successfully implementing productivity and process improvements within a modern manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement methodology and lean manufacturing principles such as 5S/SMED/Kanban/JIT/FMEA/Hoshin/PokaYoke/TPM/OEEMeasurement and Standardised Work Analysis.
- A good understanding of the Theory of Constraints in order to engage in constraint busting improvements.
- Strong multi project management skills and the ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate professional advancement in a manufacturing environment
- Able to interpret high level business objectives into day to day plans and roll out and delegate to teams, able to clearly identify day to day priorities and create action plans to deliver.
For the relevant candidate this position will pay a salary in the range of £34,000 - £40,000 per annum
If you are interested in this role please contact me ASAP on