Stock Controller - £25k - Birmingham
Our client is an established Distribution Company based in Yardley, Birmingham recruiting for an Experienced Stock Controller to manage purchasing and replenishment of stock.
You must be SAP trained and be experienced with MRP systems. To be able to forecast and evaluate. The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to work, be very proactive and a complete team player.
Salary is £25k - £30K
Full Time 9am - 5.30pm
21 Days Holiday plus Statutory
Job Title: Stock Controller
Reporting to Head of Purchasing
Historically a global packaging manufacturer specialising in a range of paper and plastic based packaging products selling to a range of industries including food, non-food and retail. Over the last 5 years the company has evolved to now include consolidation, offering blue-chip organisations the opportunity to amalgamate their GNFR spend through one service-focussed solution provider. Based in the Midlands, they are looking to recruit a Stock Controller to join their existing team.
The role of Stock Controller is integral to providing the market leading customer service that the company has built its reputation on. The role has full responsibility for forecasting, demand planning, order placing and progressing as well as playing a key part in the overall Supplier Management Programme focussing on performance management.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain availability at, or as close as possible to, 100% across a multi-hundred SKU MRP group
- Ensure stock value is kept as low as possible without impacting on availability
- Work with suppliers to improve performance (OTIF, adherence to inbound requirements etc)
- Work with key stakeholders (Purchasing, Sales, R&D) to optimise the flow of information around availability, stock value, forecasting accuracy, supplier performance
Experience / Skills Required
- Have several years’ experience within a stock control, inventory management or demand planning role within a fast paced supply chain and be experienced in managing large numbers of products within an MRP group
- Be able to articulate the factors involved in ensuring orders are placed at the right time and at the right quantity
- Be passionate about ensuring availability of product
- Be Service focused
- Be highly analytical and numerate
- Be able to form strong relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Be experienced on SAP (or similar) MRP systems