Well established privately owned business specialising in high end components with 70 years trading in the aerospace, automotive, defence, medical and petrochemical industries.
- Skilled machinist working on Jones & Shipman grinders
- To undertake all aspects of manual universal and surface grinding.
- Working with a range of different materials.
- Working to tight tolerances utilising quality measuring equipment producing predominately small batch sizes & 1 offs.
- Adhere to all company Health & Safety procedures.
- Typical shift times: Days Mon - Thu 07:30 - 16:30 & Fri - 07:30 - 15:30 (Flexitime available)
- 10 -15 hours overtime available per week.
- Experience in the use of manual universal and surface grinders essential on 1-off and small batchwork essential.
- (Jones & shipman advantageous)
- Suitable candidate should be fully experienced in the relevant disciplines and be able to demonstrate specific product and technical knowledge.
- Ability to self-inspect and measure using micrometers, verniers, depth micrometers etc.
- 24 days floating holidays + 8 bank holidays.
- Combined contribution pension scheme.
This role is available due to the retirement of a current staff member.
39 hour working week - flexitime available
Days (flexi time available):
Monday to Friday. 8:00am - 4.30pm + abundance of overtime available (paid at 1.5 on weekends)
This is a permanent position direct with the employer. No temp to perm involved.
For more information, please contact Steve at Opus Engineering on .
Opus Engineering is a recruitment agency specialising in recruiting and placing professionals in the engineering and manufacturing industry throughout the Midlands region.