An Engine Design Engineer with experience in engine design experience, geometric tolerances and manufacturing methods is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading international automotive, aerospace and defence technology company based in Leamington.
The role is offering a salary up to £35,000 based on experience.
Our client is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, our client employs over 2200 professional consultants, engineers and professional support functions world-wide.
- Production of high quality design solutions associated with the design of all types of internal combustion engine.
- Have the ability to undertake the above utilising the CAD tools available to the project which include:
- Have a degree of expertise in CAD solid modelling in one or more of the following: Catia, NX or Creo
- Converting the models to manufacturing 2D drawings to a standard expected of the automotive industry
- Maintain a knowledge of manufacturing and production processes as they are relevant to the components being designed
- Maintain a keen awareness of industry trends, and new developments in legislation to understand the application of the correct level of technology
- Liaise with interfacing departments and suppliers to gain the necessary input data to achieve a design that meets specification (e.g. performance, durability, quality, cost, weight, manufacturing)
- Preparation and maintenance of documentation associated with the project and design process (Bill of materials, Design follow sheets, Design review reports, Tolerance stacks)
- Basic analysis calculations
- Liaising with owners of interfacing systems and components
Skills / Experience Required
- Ideally be qualified to at least degree level in an Engineering discipline with previous industrial experience.
- You must be able to use one or more of the following CAD packages - CATIA, CREO, NX.
- A good working knowledge of draughting standards, geometric tolerances and manufacturing methods will be required
- You must be conversant with PC based tools used in an office environment.
- An understanding in the use of the following processes would be an advantage - FMEAs, Design Validation and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Independent / Motivated self-starter
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player
- Good problem solver
- Good attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Customer focused
- Have a passion for engineering and engines
Pension Plan, Private Health Care Contribution, Life Insurance, 25 Days Holiday
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact James Laver on +44 (0) or email
Keywords: Design engineer, CAD tools, Catia, NX Creo, draughting standards, geometric tolerances, manufacturing methods, PC based tools, FMEAs, Design Validation, Supplier Quality Assurance