Customer Service Assistant
We have a range of of permanent Customer Service Assistant positions available from 25 hours, 30 hours, and 37 hours per week, from the Smiths News location in Wednesbury. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing industry leading business at one of their key sites in the UK.Brand Overview
Connect Group PLC is one of the UK's largest specialist distributors operating in large and diverse markets. The Group has four separate divisions, connecting suppliers to customers in an efficient, knowledgeable and service oriented way.Role Description
Candidates must be able to start work for 5:30/6am in Wednesbury
Working 5 days on a set pattern
Our Connect News and Media division; Smiths News is the UK's largest news wholesaling business with 55% market share, distributing newspapers and magazines on behalf of all major national publishers and a large number of regional publishers. The business serves 30,000 customers across England and Wales, supplying large multiple retailers and independent newsagents. Dawson Media Direct supplies newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content to over 120 airlines in 115 airports worldwide. More recently, we have invested in two exciting new businesses. Pass My Parcel is a click and collect local delivery service with clients including Amazon and ASOS. Jack's Beans is a vended coffee brand which we market through retail outlets across the UK.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for multiple customer service positions, within our Smiths News Wednesbury office.
- Answering all incoming calls from customers and identifying their requirements.
- Resolving calls at the first point of contact where possible.
- Escalating any unresolved calls to the next line of support.
- Inputting and maintaining details on the relevant computer system.
- Supporting with other adhoc administration duties.
- With previous customer service experience, you will be able to deal efficiently and professionally with customers using your judgement appropriately regarding customer queries.
- The ability to solve problems logically is key, as well as working as part of a team to achieve KPIs and be able to prioritise your work load effectively.
- You will have basic PC knowledge to undertake the duties required, including data entry.