We have a fantastic opportunity for an Audit Senior to join a dynamic and vibrant accountancy practice, working with a wide range of clients. This is an exciting chance to join a large company who offer fantastic training and benefits.
As an Audit Senior you will be responsible for planning, delegating, reviewing and completing audit and accountancy work for Manager review, as well as supervising staff on assignments.
Duties for the Audit Senior role will include:
- Provide liaison between the client and your Manager during the audit.
- Supervise the audit team, providing leadership, control and guidance as required.
- Ensure that high standards of quality, reporting and advice are maintained throughout the audit.
- Plan the assignment and supervise the team in order to complete work on time and within budget and identify alternative or innovative methods of completing the assignment.
- As an Audit Senior, you will review the work of allocated staff, answering all but the most difficult fieldwork queries and ensure that files are prepared in accordance with the audit manual for managerial review.
- Co-ordinate the documentation and file work, including the management letter and other reports, to complete an assignment for review by the Manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of current technical matters.
- Become and remain familiar with the market in which the client operates.
- Liaise with the Tax Department in respect of tax related activity.
- Prepare and discuss assignment appraisal reports.
- Assist in the development of other, more junior, professional staff.
- Participate in discussions at client's premises.
- Perform detailed technical work as required. Contribute to technical or other discussions with the client showing commercial awareness, skill and initiative in handling complex technical matters.
- ACCA/ACA qualification is preferred, however, suitable equivalents will be considered subject to sufficient experience
- Possess an understanding of the effect of taxes on a set of accounts
- Have an understanding of the technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts
- Be conversant with all current appropriate auditing and accounting practice
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated by the firm as appropriate (e.g. Caseware, CorTax, MYOB AE Central, Singleview), and new software packages introduced as required
- Have a good understanding of relevant Microsoft Office software, e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and any other packages relevant to the role
- You may from time to time be required to attend courses (internal and external) to aid you in the capacity to fulfill your role
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.