Job Purpose: (Overview and purpose of job role)
Product Development and Innovation are responsible for driving business growth and customer value through the identification, development and launch of new digitally-led retail and credit finance products, propositions and channels to market.
This role will be closely aligned to a significant affinity retail partner and experience of FMCG retailing would be a significant advantage.
The Propositions Manager will play a key role in identifying customer, partner and market needs and in defining and implementing a product and innovation strategy, propositions and products based on those needs. The role will bring clarity to the future ambition of our business, developing big ideas and new concepts that accelerate our propositions and product experience and enable us to win in the market.
The role holder will be an integral team member, closely involved in all aspects of our future developments and will be responsible for building clarity and confidence in our direction and in defining and delivering innovative, digitally-led finance solutions.
To succeed, you must have an innate understanding and appreciation of 'the customer' and the ability to develop and deliver innovative solutions from concept through to real world commercial success.
- Maintain an up-to-date and in depth understanding of the financial services market
- Understand customer, partner and market needs through the definition, analysis and interpretation of insight in order to initiate new opportunities/ideas for products
- Lead the development of customer and partner credit propositions, ensuring that significant business initiatives are based on distinctive, innovative propositions that create a distinctive market position and long term value for the business
- Develop high-level concepts and prototypes that illustrate the product proposals and help in the definition of detailed product specifications and capability requirements
- Ensure that new propositions are aligned to the product strategy and requirements being developed
- Lead the definition of new finance products and customer experiences including vision, research, stakeholder management, customer experience design, feature and requirements definition, business case etc.
- Lead the development and delivery of the product requirements, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to drive new product development and innovation across the product portfolio
- Lead and co-ordinate between requirements of the commercial and technology side of the business to develop and deliver distinctive, valuable and achievable products
- Ensure that all product developments comply with Legal, Regulatory and Conduct requirements
- Maintain excellent relationships with affinity/brand partners
- Product development initiatives can include:
- Developing new products for existing, new or potential partners
- Developing product solutions/enhancements to address customer and commercial opportunities and issues
- Developing new channels/routes to market
- Sourcing new products from 3rd party providers
- Other customer or regulation oriented digital and infrastructure developments
Strategy, Roadmap and Planning
- Define and document a compelling future 'target state' for products including the strategy and product development activities required to deliver it
- Support the development and implementation of the product roadmap, working with stakeholders to identify, negotiate and agree the best way forward
- Ensure that all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations are met within own area of responsibility and compliance is embedded within the business
- Comply with all requirements from regulatory bodies
- Comply with Data Protection Legislation with regard to the disclosure of information.
- Support and demonstrate company values
- Keep up to date with any industry wide developments
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested by management
- Participate in training as required and build on own professional development and expertise
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work
- Minimum 3 years experience in product/proposition development, product management or strategic marketing in a highly service based multi-channel organisation
- Experience of developing products with a great digital experience at their heart based on customer insight and research
- A sound appreciation of digital platforms and working with technical teams
- Experience of developing ideas/strategies from concept stage with a strong track record of delivery
- Sound commercial awareness, building business cases and leading major developments in partnership with a wide range of corporate cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience of working in Financial Services and/or within a partnership or affinity role is highly desirable
- Flexibility in terms of travel will be required with at least 1-2 days away from the office every week