Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to lead the promotion, development and delivery of BIM implementation across Infrastructure and on allocated projects, which will include assistance with the document control and management of information in the Common Data Environment and managing compliance of Project BIM standards. The individual will report to the Engineering Director within the Infrastructure Divisional Solutions (IDS) business. IDS was created to provide a range of strategic services for the Infrastructure Division and the appointed BIM Manager will play a major role in implementing BIM on projects across the Division as part of the IDS remit.
The individual appointed will take ownership and responsibility for BIM management, working in close collaboration with colleagues across the Construction & Investments Division, within IDS, with operational business units, with academia and with our supply chain.
- Manage the BIM process in terms of development and implementation, taking into account the company BIM processes and protocols
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of BIM processes and protocols
- Actively liaise with other BIM leads in the GT business and represent business unit on BIM related matters
- Actively explore and pursue connections between BIM and the on-site activities, enhancing the awareness of its capabilities and encouraging interaction and use
- Stay informed on innovations and best practices
- Share knowledge and experiences amongst Infrastructure business units through briefings/demonstrations, training workshops and schedules of lessons learnt
Other aspects of the role will include:
Marketing of BIM services:
The ideal candidate, preferably degree qualified and with a background in the construction sector, MUST have:
- Good experience of Building Information Modelling
- Strong management capability
- Flexible attitude to work
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and work within a high performing team
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,500 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try celebrates a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications