Learning Disabilities Support Worker
We are seeking experienced Support Workers to join our Worcester branch, working to deliver the very best of personalised care to service users with learning disabilities clients on a full or part time basis, with all the security of a permanent contract and guaranteed hours.
We have vacancies throughout Worcestershire, in areas such as:
- And other local towns surrounding the Worcester area
We are seeking enthusiastic support workers to assist adults with learning difficulties with their day to day activities. This could include supporting with appointments, outings and general household tasks. You will need to be passionate about quality of care and strive to ensure their needs are fully met. This is a varied and rewarding role, with each of our clients requiring different care needs due to varying ages and learning disabilities. You will need to be confident in your ability to deliver personal care, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual in your care.
Our person-centred service is designed to enrich the quality of life of service users, helping them to access the community and socialise with family, friends and visitors alike. That is why we are recruiting only the most compassionate and empathetic individuals.
It's desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care but not essential.The Benefits
- Salary of up to £14.23/hr including holiday pay
- Paid weekly, on time and accurately.
- Manage your availability, timesheets and payslips online in your own account area.
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after qualifying period.
- Agreed travel and mileage expenses (for most clients).
- Genuine 'out of hours' contact centre available 24 hrs a day.
- Continuing training and development through our 'Training Credits' scheme.
- Guaranteed hours contracts available
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
To ensure that you are able to meet your guaranteed hours, you should be willing to travel to a variety of clients within the local areas. Mileage and expenses are paid for most clients, in some instances, your own transport is desired.Your Team
You'll find your local branch team at 9-10 The Tything in Worcester city centre. Just up the road from Worcester Foregate Street train station, and along the A38, we are easily accessible via most modes of transport, and welcome you dropping in to say hi!The Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months relevant paid experience in a nursing, residential or care environment
- Referees from previous employments covering the last 3 years
Click Apply today for fast track through our recruitment process and you could be working your first shift for us in under 2 weeks time! Alternatively you can call
Newcross Healthcare Solutions are committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate in any way against anyone.