An opening has arisen for an Operations Manager to start with a large manufacturer in the Birmingham area. The ideal candidate will have a background within a manufacturing environment preferably within the aerospace or automotive sectors.
Looking for an immediate start, day to day duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Working on process planning and control change to optimize the production process
- Implement and manage the expansion of cellular manufacturing to shop floor activities
- Setting and monitoring the cell targets and KPI`s ensuring that productivity is maintained throughout the production process
- Overseeing the development of load and capacity measurements to ensure requirements both present and future are feasible
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing costs
- Researching and implementing new production methods and philosophies
In order to be successful for the role, the candidate must have:
- A background within a relevant sector and experience in carrying out the above duties
- Good Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Venn Group are acting as an employment agency and an employment business for this position.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.