Long established and growing engineering company with manufacturing plants globally. Part of a strong and reputable brand with a domestic and global brand with unlimited opportunities for development withhin for candidate driven and passionate about their career development.
A newly created position has become available for a CNC Part programmer/Setter/Operator to join the team working on the night shift on CNC lathes with mainly Fanuc controls. Opportunity to expand onto vertical boring and CNC Milling. This involves tight tolerance machining and includes one off and very small batch work with some repeat work (50% of job) and part programming (25%) and full programming (25%). Will involve working on large components up to 1.2meter O/D.
- Hours of work are 4 night shifts (22:00 - 7:30 with a 9:30 start on Tuesday's) from Monday to Thursday
- Attractive basic (£12.50 - £13.50/hour) plus shift allowance.
- Employer package includes a generous group pension scheme made available to every employee.
- Regular opportunities at overtime become available and is worked within the 4 night shifts paid at 1.5.
- We are seeking a skilled CNC Turner
- Experience in CNC programming on Fanuc/Heidenhein/Siemens
- CADCAM experience an advantage however is by no means essential and training will be provided
Starting pay C£13-£13.50 plus overtime.
Hours of work. Days 7.30-4.30 Monday to Thursday. 7.30 -12 Friday. Abundance of overtime available
This is a permanent position direct with the company. No temp to perm involved.
Opus Engineering are recruitment specialists, founded by engineers for engineers.
If you have any questions on this role, please contact Steve Ridgley on