Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
The Bid Writer, as a member of the Infrastructure Divisional Solutions Team, is tasked with the creation of effective yet imaginative responses to pre-qualification and tender questionnaires; working with other stakeholders from around the division to acquire pertinent information and data.
The Bid Writer will promote the Galliford Try business, through high quality written submissions.
Writing high-quality winning proposal documents, including producing, coordinating and editing written content
Managing the submissions process if required
Contributing to the bid team at key stages of individual tender projects, gathering technical information from internal departments in order to compile and ensure a high quality bespoke solution is offered to the client
Actively participating in story boarding and development of strategic themes
Ensuring all proposals are prepared in line with tender programme requirements
Ensuring submissions are produced are to the highest quality and aligned with company bid management standards
Responsible for proof reading material and providing technical and commercial writing skills;
Assisting with development of bespoke proposals, best practice information, technique guides; template answers and style sheets
Building and developing relationships with a variety of business sector teams
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified - preferably in a subject with a high focus on creating high quality written work
- Previous experience in either a consultancy or construction business
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the UK
- Adaptable to deal with changing project requirements
- Familiarity with Microsoft and other desktop publishing software packages
- Industry specific knowledge of Bid Writing within the Construction market
- Team player able to work as part of a larger team or alone when required
- Proven track record in the sector or similar role, preferably with a main contractor
- Excellent written English and communication skills
- Flexibility to meet time pressures to deliver high quality submissions on time
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional writing, editing and copy-writing skills
- Able to thrive on new challenges and have the drive to progress the role into other areas including Business Development as and when necessary
- A naturally inquisitive nature to challenge ideas and provide innovative solutions
- Display a creative flair in their writing and ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Infrastructure Divisional Solutions
Infrastructure Divisional Solutions is a central business unit providing support to the operational business units within the Infrastructure Division. Support provided includes Estimating, Planning and Bid Management, Engineering & Temporary Works, Business Improvement, Strategic Development, Procurement and Quality.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try celebrates a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications