We have a fantastic opportunity for a Semi-Senior Accountant to join a dynamic and vibrant accountancy practice, working with a wide range of clients. This is an exciting chance to join a large company who offer fantastic training and benefits.
As a Semi-Senior Accountant you will be responsible for preparing accounts (unincorporated and incorporated) from complete or incomplete records as well as making any necessary notes for the attention of your Supervisor/Manager.
Duties for the Semi-Senior Accountant role will include:
- Prepare a set of accounts (unincorporated or incorporated) from complete or incomplete records and to be able to make notes for the attention of your Supervisor/Manager.
- Efficiently plan jobs for preparation.
- Supervise and assist trainees.
- Understand and apply basic accountancy ratios.
- Be aware of and apply, where appropriate, the concept of analytical review.
- Minimum qualification requirement will be AAT (Technical Level). Ideally you will have begun your ACCA/ACA qualification.
- Commitment to the firm's training programme.
- Experience in preparing accounts for unincorporated/incorporated businesses.
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated in Commercial Services as appropriate.
- Basic knowledge of tax (corporation tax, income tax and VAT) and the affects of these taxes on a set of accounts.
- Knowledge of the difference between incorporated and unincorporated businesses.
- Basic knowledge of main accounting systems in the market place (eg Sage, Quickbooks etc).
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.