Design Engineer Electronics Warwickshire permanent
Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: circa £35K - £40K
This is a new position working for an established, professional engineering company supplying innovative and competitive bespoke industrial electronic product to a wide range of OEMs worldwide including oil and gas, power generation, defence, construction and yellow goods.
We are looking for an experienced electronics design engineer who would benefit from greater project responsibility.
The role would suit a degree qualified electronics engineer who wants to further develop their range of skills and experience in a varied and interesting engineering and development environment.
Provide electronic circuit design including analogue, power supply, with understanding of microprocessors (specifically Microchip PICs).
Specification and sourcing of electrical and electronic components.
Supplier technical liaison.
Where appropriate prepare computer generated circuit simulation.
Write PIC and GUI software specification detailing all the functions required within the code, including required resolution of inputs/outputs, any timing constraints description of any mathematical algorithms, application specific variations required.
Derived from the needs of the business provide project plans that also detail component and development costs.
Research and implement new techniques and design improvements.
Skills & Experience:
• Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering at 2.1 Honours or higher.
• Minimum of 5 years proven design experience in the electronics design industry.
• Ability to compose comprehensive technical design documentation.
• Good communicator.
• Accomplished in circuit design.
• Establish requirements from customer/sales/marketing.
• Familiar with New Product Introduction systems. (NPI)
• Support and perform software debugging.
• Understand how to use capacitive, magnetic and pressure techniques.
• Understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
• Understanding of material properties (mechanical and chemical).
• Theoretical studies into measurement techniques and effects of mechanical component variations
The company value their workforce. They are a good company to work for and have a great team philosophy.
If you are looking for enhance your career, live within 1 hour drive of Leamington Spa and meet the required criteria click apply now.