Chef Manager education site
Chef Manager on an Education Site
My client is a contract catering company with an education site in Worcester - they are looking for an experienced Chef Manager join their successful company To manage the smooth and efficient operation of the catering contract and to ensure the company's reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information as required by the Catering Manager.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that if effectively meets the need of the location and the company.
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
- To ensure compliance with the company's policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
- To manager the catering team to budget and the deliver the above.
- To ensure that clients/customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations
- To ensure that all standards of food preparation and service are established and achieved in line with location budget.
- To consistently look at ways of maximising income through effective purchasing via nominated suppliers and creative merchandising.
- To maintain budgetary records and ensure that all budgets are adhered to, unless exceptional circumstances arise.
- To order all necessary food, dry goods and equipment, obtaining best buys in line with directives from Supply Chain.
- To complete, on a monthly basis, a stock take and evaluate and calculate the cost of sales results.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
- To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environment legislation and procedures.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar role and will have excellent people management skills.
Salary £22,000 - £25,000
this is pro rata and paid in equal instalments throughout the year
Holidays - As per school year
To apply for this role please submit your current CV. For further information regarding this position please call Lucy on