Youth Activities Co-ordinator
YOUTH ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR
(Fixed-Term to March 31st 2019)
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Salary: £12,500 per annum (£25,000 FTE)
Hours: Part time, 18.5 hours per week, including evening and weekend work
Contract: Fixed term to March 31st 2019, with the possibility to extend
A full job description and person specification can be downloaded from the 'Supporting Documents' section below.
Malvern Cube Projects has taken on the running of youth activities at Malvern Cube, a youth and community centre in Malvern, which facilitates a varied multi-generational programme of activities and events for the whole community. Funding is provided by Worcestershire County Council until March 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new service to be a sustainable model of good practice in youth services. We are seeking an experienced enthusiastic Youth Activities Co-ordinator to develop and be responsible for the running of the new service, initially primarily for 11-14 year olds, which will have as its core elements:
- An Activities Programme, with suitably qualified providers sourced to lead the range of activities.
- A Youth Café.
- A young people's forum to contribute to the development and running of the service and support positive relationships with Malvern Cube.
- Support for vulnerable young people to engage with activities.
The Youth Activities Co-ordinator will have overall operational responsibility for developing and co-ordinating the new service. The role requires strong skills and experience of strategic planning and relationship building with stakeholders from across the community. In particular, the service will need to align with other activities taking place at Malvern Cube.
- Be responsible for the efficient planning, delivery and coordination of an Activities Programme, identifying and securing suitably qualified providers to lead the delivery of activities.
- Develop and facilitate a young people's forum with representation of different age groups to shape and support the development of the Activities Programme to contribute to meeting identified needs of young people
- Develop and run a regular Youth Café to provide continuity of relationships and co-ordination, with advice and signposting available from other agencies.
- Support engagement of vulnerable young people from identified areas of Malvern e.g. Pickersleigh.
- Work closely with Malvern Cube to support and build positive relationships between young people and Malvern Cube.
- Develop productive relationships with a range of local partners and agencies to ensure a responsive cost effective and co-ordinated approach to working with young people in Malvern.
- Shape and develop the service in consultation with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ensure the medium and long term sustainability of services for young people from Malvern Cube in the light of changing funding streams, actively working on this with the Trustee Board and engaging in fundraising and other efforts to secure resources.
- Raise funds to enhance programme delivery in line with required development
- Recruit and line manage staff and volunteers.
- Experience of community development work
- Experience of establishing and managing new programmes of activity with young people and in communities
- Demonstrable expertise and experience of youth engagement work and working with young people whose behaviour may be challenging and/or are vulnerable or at risk
- A nationally recognised qualification in Youth Work (level 2 / 3) or equivalent in a related field (desirable)
- A track record and ability to build good relations, quickly establish credibility and carry the confidence of different stakeholders
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers
- Ability to operate within the guidelines of the safeguarding, and other policies, of Malvern Cube Projects
- Confident, creative and passionate about delivering appropriate activities for the benefit of vulnerable service users.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop working relationships with a range of organisations, partners and funders
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with the ability to adapt and solve problems quickly
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please send a CV with covering letter setting out why you think you are suitable for the role and the names of two referees. Please also indicate your potential availability to start work should you be successful.
Closing Date: September 22nd 2017
Interviews will be held week commencing October 2nd