We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join a dynamic and vibrant accountancy practice, working with a wide range of clients. This is an exciting chance to join a large company who offer fantastic training and benefits.
As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for preparing accounts for your Manager. You will assist in the supervision and training of trainees and technicians, and will oversee a small number of Commercial Services clients from the direction of the Manager.
Duties for the Senior Accountant role will include:
- Efficiently prepare statutory accounts, unincorporated accounts and management accounts to a good standard ready for Manager/Partner review
- Oversee/provide a competent bookkeeping service to clients including assistance with day to day queries, any significant issues, software matters etc.
- Work confidently at clients' premises on a variety of matters.
- Deal with client requests relating to HMRC, PAYE and VAT matters with minimal input from Manager.
- Efficiently plan jobs for preparation by yourself or trainees/technicians.
- Proactively provide appropriate training and supervision to trainees/technicians.
- Advise clients on basic accounting and tax matters.
- At the direction of the Manager/Partner, oversee a small number of clients including managing work flow, preparation, reviews and meeting statutory deadlines.
- Proactively identify added value items for the client and highlight to Manager/Partner as appropriate.
- Support Manager/Partner in existing client relationships and play a key role in maintaining these relationships.
- Deal with client day to day queries in an efficient manner with minimal input from Manager/Partner.
- Minimum qualification requirement will be ACCA/ACA, or suitably demonstrated qualification by experience may be considered, where appropriate.
- Experience in preparing accounts for unincorporated/incorporated businesses.
- Experience of training and supervision of more junior team members.
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated in Commercial Services as appropriate.
- Good knowledge of corporation tax, income tax and VAT and the impact on accounts and client's overall affairs.
- iXBRL tagging, reviewing and submitting to HMRC of relevant documentation.
- Good knowledge of the statutory and technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts.
- Excellent knowledge of main accounting systems in the market place (eg Sage, Quickbooks etc) in order to assist and advise clients accordingly.
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.