Strip Mill Operator
Due to recent expansion and increased production,
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd is recruiting for a variety of new roles, helping us to form new shifts and maintain our strong standards.
Applicants will be shortlisted against the available roles based on their experience, skills and knowledge, with a view to attending an assessment day on 15th September and psychometric assessments and interviews the following week for successful candidates. We aim to have people in place as soon as possible.
Strip Mill Operator
The Strip Mill Operator will work as a team member of the Strip Mill, to produce Scalped Slab, Rolled and Slit products.
Hours of work: 41.25 hours per week, This role is currently working on a two shift pattern but some flexibility is required as it may develop into a three shift pattern working days and nights or a single day pattern in the future.
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Main tasks will include:
· Operating as part of a team according to written and verbal instructions from the Section Leader or department management
· Being trained on all machines and tasks in the department ensuring full flexibility
· Driving all fork lift trucks and overhead Cranes in the department
· Ensuring product details (Product Identification, E.g. Purity, Width, Gauge, Weight, and Quality status) are recorded on the appropriate computer system and/or production sheet and labels
· Completing all necessary documentation in accordance with ISO 9000
· Maintaining good housekeeping within the working area
The successful candidate will need:
· The ability to operate all functions of the Strip mill machinery once trained
· An understanding of the quality standards required in all areas
· The ability to recognise faults in the control equipment and take the correct action
· An understanding of all operating procedures.
· An understanding of the health and safety aspects of the job
· The ability to work to a production schedule
· The ability to complete admin tasks and use a computer system
All vacancies require a strong understanding of health and safety requirements, understanding of product quality, a flexible approach and a strong team-working ethic. If you believe you have the relevant experience for any of our positions we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for one of our roles, please submit CVs or application forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to HR Department, Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd, Stourbridge Road, Bridgnorth, WV15 6AU.
More information about the company and an application form can be found at www.bridgnorthaluminium.co.uk