Mechanical Technicians x5
Due to recent expansion and increased production,
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd is recruiting for a variety of new roles, helping us to form new shifts and maintain our strong standards.
Applicants will be shortlisted against the available roles based on their experience, skills and knowledge, with a view to attending an assessment day on 15th September and psychometric assessments and interviews the following week for successful candidates. We aim to have people in place as soon as possible.
Working on a four shift pattern the Mechanical Technicians will work within the mechanical team to maintain all plant machinery including both planned maintenance and breakdown repair.
Salary: £26,039.20 plus shift allowance
Hours of work: 42 hours per week, four shift pattern working days and nights (2 x 12 hour days, 2 x 12 hour nights, 4 rest days)
Status: Full time, Permanent
Main tasks will include:
· Assembly, dismantling, inspection repair and testing of mechanical equipment
· Reading and understanding construction drawings, designs and system schematics to assess equipment, or systems performance and evaluate the cause of any malfunction. Effecting necessary repairs and adjustments.
· Carrying out breakdown repair and planned maintenance tasks
· Receiving Instructions from the Mechanical Maintenance Manager, Reliability Engineer, Reliability Technician to undertake project and maintenance work
· Reporting works completed on the site CMMS systems
· Assisting in ongoing process control and quality improvement developments through liaison with technical staff including product trial management and evaluation
· Assisting in the training and development of other members of the team and apprentices
The successful candidate will need:
· A grounding in mechanical engineering ideally gained through a combination of a formal apprenticeship including practical and theoretical application, and structured additional learning
· Established skills in general fitting, welding, machining, construction, installation and maintenance techniques
· Knowledge of the use of precision measurement equipment and instrumentation
· An understanding of the use of hydraulics systems
· An understanding of codes and symbols used in drawings for mechanical and hydraulic schemes.
· The ability to use knowledge effectively to fault find on complex machinery and systems
· Computer literacy (ideally conversant in the use of CMMS) and basic office software
· A strong understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
All vacancies require a strong understanding of health and safety requirements, understanding of product quality, a flexible approach and a strong team-working ethic. If you believe you have the relevant experience for any of our positions we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for one of our roles, please submit CVs or application forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to HR Department, Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd, Stourbridge Road, Bridgnorth, WV15 6AU.
More information about the company and an application form can be found at www.bridgnorthaluminium.co.uk