Technical Support Engineer
Position: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: GBP35,000 - GBP42,000 (Dependent on Experience)
The Technical Support Engineer Role:
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide advice on all technical matters.
You will respond to critical inquiries regarding the status of service installation or repairs and forward them to the appropriate department or individual.
Key Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer:
- Work with the training and technical department to ensure on-going training is provided
- Track and follow up on internal and external technical support issues
- Assist with spares provisioning for Cargo install base
- Provide a technical service response mechanism to all Cargo customers with or without distributors through FSE'S
- Liaise with the Cargo project teams on install, defect liability, modifications, upgrades and software issues
- Liaise with internal Cargo engineering, production and sales on Cargo service matters including technical manuals, ECRs and other related technical documentation
- Onsite technical support as and when required
- Respond to critical inquiries regarding the status of service installation or repairs and forward to appropriate department or individual
- Engage with all internal departments, and externally with our customers and/or Distributors on service related matters
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of existing products is preferred but not essential
- Recognised engineering qualification such as HNC
- Previous experience within a Field Service role would be advantageous
- This role will require the job holder to travel overseas on a frequent basis
Our client designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Their products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband.
Their security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities. As the world's leading security screening provider, they provide state-of-the-art products, solutions and services to meet customers' most demanding threat detection needs.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Technical Support Engineer position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Technical, Support, Engineer, Cargo, Install, Project, Software, Upgrade, Repair, Field Service, Engineering, Electrical, Electronic, Stoke, Staffordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.