Smart Meter Installer Gloucestershire
GBP14.31 per hour, 37 hr working week + Paid overtime + Bonuses
With the rollout of our Smart meter installations, we're keen to hear from gas skilled people with MET1 interested in a career with npower as a Smart Meter Installer. We're looking for brilliantly reliable, customer focused and professional gas or dual fuel qualified meter installers, who pride themselves on excellent customer service and a safe approach to their work.
The arrival of Smart meters means big changes for energy suppliers and customers in the UK and as one of the leading energy suppliers, we're making major transformational change to deliver smart metering to all our customers by 2020. We're a meter operator and have been maintaining meters for decades, so for us it doesn't stop at 2020, as the new challenges of Smart metering will continue to keep our teams busy.
What will I be doing?
You'll be the face of npower, installing, maintaining and repairing various types of electric and gas metering systems to ensure homes and businesses are efficiently supplied with energy. We'll provide you with all the kit to get the job done, including a vehicle and fuel card, tablet, tools, equipment, uniform and PPE. You must also be able to work weekends and evenings on a rotational pattern.
To apply for these roles we require you to have the following qualifications
- Smart Dual Fuel qualified : NVQ level 2/3 Diploma in Smart Metering Dual Fuel
- Dual Fuel qualified : CMA1 or CCN1 and MET1, 2 or 4 with MOCoPA single phase electric.
- Gas only qualified : CMA1 or CCN1 with MET1, 2 or 4 - We will train you on electric
- Excellent customer service skills - friendly and professional
- Hold a valid driving licence with no more than 6 points
- A criminal record check will also be required
- npower meter installers work under the npower Gas Safe registration only. No dual membership is allowed, so if you have your own registration you will need to surrender this when you start work with us.
What do I get in return?
A competitive basic salary of up to GBP27,550 dependant on experience/qualifications, we offer the kind of high quality benefits package that others don't, things like 20 days paid holiday to start, paid overtime, productivity bonus, loyalty bonus - based on GBP6,000 April17-Dec2020 prorata depending on your start date, a great company pension scheme, flexible benefits package, ongoing training and the security of full time employment.
What do I do next?
Click on Apply now and fill in the required details for immediate consideration, for any questions or further information please contact Rob in confidence o.