Afternoon School Cleaners term time only
This role is based in Warwick town as a School Janitor
1. Thoroughly cleaning areas to the required specification, as directed, using correct techniques and cleaning equipment.
2. Safe removal of litter and waste to allocated disposal points, taking particular care with liquids, broken glass or other substances, which may be unsafe to other staff or pupils.
3. Locking and unlocking windows and doors as directed.
4. Undertaking training in use of methods, materials and equipment, as instigated by your Supervisor\Head Caretaker.
5. Working safely using correct warning signs, protective clothing and safety equipment, being mindful of hazards to other staff and pupils. Compliance with the Health & Safety practices of the School.
6. Replenishing supplies of toiletries, plastic bags etc., as directed.
7. Ensuring all containers of cleaning agents are correctly labelled before use and are used safely and in compliance with manufacturers written instructions and that all chemicals are securely stored away when not in use.
8. Emptying vacuum cleaners and buffer vacuum bags at the end of each session. Cleaning and checking all equipment used after use, checking cables for wear and tear and storing away in a suitable safe area. Notifying supervisor of any faults found.
9. Ensure mops, cloths etc., are washed and left to dry as appropriate at the end of each session
The assignment is subject to a DBS verification of eligibility to undertake such work.Unitemps is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment'