An established and very busy company are looking for an Administration Assistant (Monday-Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm) to work on a temp to perm basis with the role becoming permanent after 12 weeks.
The team that you would be joining are responsible for dealing with all incoming and outgoing mail for the companies' head office and remote staff. This role involves counting, opening, sorting, scanning and filing of post which will include important documents. All post is processed through a bespoke software system. The role involves daily completion of due tasks, accuracy and efficiency of data input and document creation. The role is a mix of scanning, post room work and other administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will also stand in for the department manager when they are away dealing with any client queries and keeping Excel spreadsheets up to date with staff data.
- To complete a wide variety of tasks including high volume data capture
- Scan and index important client documentation
- Identify and electronically assign scanned images to individual projects
- Liaise with other departments in order to investigate and solve queries
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail and parcels
- Deliver mail to staff within the building
- Data Entry on various systems
- Processing invoices
- Archive documents
- Prepare outgoing post for collection
- Experience of working in an Administrative role.
- A good general education to GCSE Level or equivalent to include English and Maths.
- Confident IT Skills particularly Word and Excel and experience of using databases.
- Adaptable with a good ability to multi-task.
- First class attention to detail.
Hourly rate: GBP8.06-GBP8.41 including holiday pay
(A higher rate will be paid when you stand in for the department manager)
Subsidised canteen on site