Visitor Experience Officer
Are you creative, hard-working and ambitious? Do you work well as part of a busy team? Are you a problem solver who isn't afraid of thinking big and being creative? If you can show initiative and are keen to learn and to develop as you grow into the role, are enthusiastic to be involved and love to support projects across the portfolio and across departments then this role could be for you.
Your time will be split between threse properties Baddesley Clinton, Coughton Court, Packwood as well as Kinwarton Dovecote.
What it's like to work here
Being part of the North Warwickshire family means being our best self. We are a joined up multi-disciplined team that works collaboratively across the portfolio, being creative, testing ideas, planning thoroughly and being brave and challenging whilst trying new things. Since 2012, the portfolio has become the powerhouse of growth in the Midlands region and now generates GBP1.5million annually, meaning we now have the financial stability to keep persevering our historic collections forever, for everyone. Visitors to the portfolio, having increased to over 500,000 a year, are coming to experience something special. Exceptional quality lies at the heart of what we offer, encouraging people in many different ways to become lifelong supporters of the National Trust. However, we know that nothing stands still, so our offer must continue to evolve to remain compelling, forward thinking and above all, relevant.
What you'll be doing
As a Visitor Experience Officer you'll be a hard-working, committed, creative and friendly individual who is a team player you will work as part of the Visitor Experience Team, you will play a pivotal role delivering exceptional visitor experiences across the whole portfolio. You'll be working to keep up to date in all visitor experience matters and be happy to seek support and advice from your team, other properties and specialist consultants. A large team of sta? and volunteers will enjoy your support, outstanding relevant communication and constructive monitoring in order to meet those targets.
Reporting to the Visitor Experience Manager you will be sensitive to the needs of historic sites and audiences and be ready to contribute to the planning, communicating, and setting up and delivery of an outstanding experience for all. You won't be afraid to challenge the norm and to bring forward fresh ideas. You will support the property teams in the delivery of exceptional visitor experiences that give our visitors reasons to return, in the development and delivery of large scale events, site specific contemporary art projects, working with communities and encouraging a more participative way of working, as well as the development and delivery of new strands of interpretation across the portfolio.
The post holder will be responsible for shaping the programming offer across departments and across the portfolio. This will include working with each of the property teams to assess our current programming offer and developing the portfolio approach to programming that takes all of our audiences, including families, which make up a large proportion, especially at Packwood, into account. It will require responding to portfolio needs throughout the year to deliver a layered approach to activities, and developing and delivering these with the property teams.
The role will require bank holiday, weekend and some occasional working late on events.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
It's a significant role at a busy property and we need someone who can take on a challenge. To deliver this role successfully, you'll need to have:
- A flexible customer focused approach, with high standards of customer service
- Excellent people skills, enabling strong relationships, both externally and internally
- Experience of working to multiple deadlines and managing own workload
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills, and a good eye for detail
- Understanding of the aims and ethos of the National Trust
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A hard working approach, be committed and a team player
- Strong IT skills - Microsoft Office, as well as web and social media applications
- Experience of producing interpretation, marketing or promotional material
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking