Chief Engineer - Powertrain Controllers
Chief Engineer - Embedded Automotive Controllers - Salary & bonus - Coventry
This is a great opportunity for a talented and ambitious electronic hardware engineer to join a small and very successful organisation, with responsibility for defining strategy in relation to electronic hardware design and embedded software for automotive powertrain controllers.
This is a vital senior management role reporting directly into the company Directors and will involve working on both R&D and client specific powertrain projects, including hybrid and electric vehicles.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for coordinating input for proposals and quotes through to submission and follow up response. Additionally, facilitate the translation of customer requirements and design parameters into technical and support requirements, including reviewing risks and issues, ensuring the right technical team is in place for each project.
Candidate requirements and experience for this Chief Engineer powertrain controllers job:
- Honours Degree qualified
- Depth of experience in automotive analogue and digital design
- Designing with Freescale/NXP processors or equivalent
- Use of appropriate simulation tools
- Production of product documentation such as pinouts, hw/sw interface
- Good understanding of ISO26262 and system analysis such as FMEA / HAZOP
- Production of specifications of circuitry for 3rd party manufacture
- Low-level programming skills in C would be useful
In return the successful Chief Engineer powertrain controllers can expect:
- A very competitive salary and bonus
- Pension, life assurance and private health care
- The opportunity to influence the business direction and grow the role
Suitably experienced and qualified electronics engineers should apply today for this Chief Engineer powertrain controllers job by either calling Ray Greenman on (0) or email too