Education Advisor Safeguarding
Umbrella rate at GBP400.00 per day
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Education Adviser (Safeguarding) on a 3 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
Will be expected to provide coherent leadership and management to create a high quality sustainable system for safeguarding Children and Young People attending Worcestershire Schools.
As the designated officer for Children's, Families and Communities and as required by Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015) you will be responsible for ensuring the legislative requirements and expectations on individual services to safeguard and promote the welfare of children are in place and maintained across all schools in Worcestershire. You will also ensure there is a clear framework to enable the Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) to monitor the effectiveness of local services.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Ensuring the standards as set out in Working Together to Safeguard Children on inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children are adhered to within Worcestershire's schools and within Children's, Families and Communities (including policy/procedural development).
- Supporting, challenging and advising schools and within Children's, Families and Communities on the LSCB levels of need guidance.
- Promoting, evidencing and monitoring best safeguarding practice for all children in education settings in Worcestershire.
- Section 175 Duties of LAs and governing bodies in relation to welfare of children, i.e.:
- Ensuring that the functions conferred on them in their capacity as a local authority are exercised with a view to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and
- Ensuring that governing bodies of all Worcestershire schools make arrangements for ensuring that their functions relating to the conduct of the school are exercised with a view to safeguarding and promoting the welfare pupils at the school.
- Leading the development, implementation and review of the education work programme in relation to safeguarding including drawing up the Education Safeguarding plan to contribute to the overall Directorate Plan.
- Identifying potential learning needs in relations to safeguarding within the educational sector and feeding this into the relevant Workforce Board and back into schools.
- Providing best practice guidance to settings on safeguarding policies and practice, and challenging practice where concerns are identified.
- Representing Children's, Families and Communities at relvant multi-agency forums.
- Maintaining a safeguarding database (including serious case reviews), reporting on key information (including Headteachers' annual report, training compliance, safeguarding issues log and good practice, evidence etc).
- Keeping up to date with legislation requirements and the latest developments in protecting children, and taking a lead role in education to ensure school and education staff are familiar with requirements for raising the profile of safeguarding pupils in all schools and educational settings.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- A Teaching or Degree level Social Care qualification.
- Evidence of continuous personal professional development in a discipline or area relevant to the role.
- Significant experience of working in an education setting/context.
- Considerable experience of working at a senior level in a school or Local Authority.
- Experience of working with parents in an educational context.
- Experience of working as part of a management team/leading teams.
- A working knowledge of appropriate legislation and the ability to apply it in practical terms.
- Ability to provide leadership and innovation in Child Protection/Safeguarding matters.
- Ability to provide high level and credible management advice to Headteachers, Governors and Senior Management.
- Ability to contribute to a strategic and operational development of local partnerships and inter agency working.
- Ability to relate effectively and sympathetically to a wide range of people including parents.
- Ability to build effective relationships and work co-operatively with colleagues, officers from partner agencies and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrable negotiating and influencing skills at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to interpret legislation and regulations and to apply them.
Experience of strategic management as part of a Senior Management Team.
Ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds and work in partnership with colleagues from a range of disciplines.
Ability to work effectively with Senior Management.
Must be able to travel county wide and beyond when required.
Committed to ongoing personal and role development.
Previous experience within Education Environment.
Ability to understand, apply and explain legislation and regulations.
Ability to communicate at a senior level.
Experience in providing professional advice to colleagues
Ability to work with children and families and colleagues using a partnership approach.