Title: Human Resources Manager
Salary: GBP36,000pa + Benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm
My client is a leader in the market of luxury student accommodation who have continued to grow into many of our major UK cities. The HR Manager will take responsibility for the people function within the business and manage 2 direct reports; a HR Officer and a HR Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this is an ideal opportunity for an HR Manager or Business Partner looking for their next move. The ideal candidate will be from the hospitality industry and will be an enthusiastic, forward thinking and dynamic individual who will act as an ambassador and champion the vibrant culture of the business.
- Employee Relations, to inlclude; managing absence, annual leave, disciplinary, grievances, sickness.
- To Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement.
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Performance Management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
- Learning & Development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams.
- Training: Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement and maintaining statuary training requirements.
- Recruitment & retention: managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns.
- Recruiting staff by developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Ensuring relevant staff coverage in all roles including managing and organising of staff rotas.
- Preparing staff handbooks.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Managing HR budgets including payroll, recruitment, training and uniform costs.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working within the hospitality, hotel or accommodation industry is essential.
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles.
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Ideally you will hold a CIPD qualification but this is not essential if you have all the experience.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity then please apply with your most up to date CV to Joanna Middleton.