Project / Programme Plan Manager
Project / Programme Plan Manager - Job Spec
The Project / Programme Plan Manager will support the Delivery Lead in running Design and Delivery for the Programme (8 workstreams, each delivering into 6 parallel releases). The role requires a Project Manager with a technical and planning background. Specifically, the areas of responsibility can be summarised as:
- Leading Programme Planning. Running the planning of the Programme (including recruiting and managing a planning analyst). Bring teams together to ensure plans are aligned for releases and all ad-hoc work items on the Programme
- Supporting the Programme Design and Delivery Lead with ensuring that all Design and Development teams work together, resolving issues and ensuring the programme continues to progress against plan.
- Supporting the Programme Design and Delivery lead in holding suppliers to account for meeting delivery timelines
- Additionally the successful candidate will manage the overall Programme PMO team which is responsible for running the Programme Management Office, facilities and providing programme administration capabilities (already in place)
The successful candidate will:
- Take on the Programme Plan from the existing planner, recruiting a planning analyst to carry the maintenance forward. This will involve updating the planning processes and simplifying the planning framework and assets.
- Work with the Design and Delivery Lead to plan ad-hoc items of the Programme and ensure these are tracked through with the various teams involved.
- Work with the project teams to ensure positive ways of working on a day to day basis.
- Track external supplier delivery, working together pro-actively to resolve issues and manage risk.
- Provide line reporting oversight to the existing PMO team
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and third party suppliers.
Experience & Expectations
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of successful delivery of complex IT projects in complex organisational environments.
- Experience leading PMO and Planning functions in Projects / Programmes
- Experience of delivering complex technical change including custom software delivery.
- The ability to work as part of a global and /or regional virtual team.
- Excellent Stakeholder & People Management.
- Excellent supplier management skills.
- Excellent understanding of IT applications, technology and project delivery processes.