Control Systems Design/Manager
Mobile racking, automation in the industrial racking industry - is getting bigger and bigger. The company I am working with is searching for the next generation in designer that can take what they have, to the next level of design.
Take for instance a control system - using Siemens sensors/controllers - you will design and integrate that into a system for a wide range of equipment/racking systems and automation systems - the use is endless. Maybe you want to add a Wifi unit to it, get rid of wires, or bluetooth control, design apps - so someone can control or view it on their mobile... but you will be doing all the upgrades and addons too.
The role is really that open to the right designer.
The company is a global player too.. So the chances are, your work will be world wide, and you will have too communicate with their EU techs/Designer too - so you will have people to bounce ideas off.
Type of duties -
Duties to include:
- Creation and maintenance of project drawings, BOM's, specifications and component drawings
- Production of installation instructions
- Compilation of CE compliant maintenance manuals
- Interaction with internal departments and external personnel at all levels including customers, consultants, project managers, sub-contractors, suppliers & manufacturers
- Occasional site visits both within the UK and overseas
- General electrical design office tasks
- Support Group Technical programs
- Provide emergency breakdown diagnosis support to After Sales, Installations Manager and directly with customers
- Lead &/or assist as necessary with the final commissioning of major projects
- Lead work required to ensure Control Systems meet country specific requirements
What you need to have -
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with design management/supervisory experience
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- ACAD proficient
- Flexibility, commitment, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure
- Full clean UK driving licence
- High personal standards with the ability & desire to produce accurate work within defined timescales
- The ability to stand back from a situation and ensure that the objective is met
- Experience in a design position within the storage or metal fabrication industry with exposure to machine control logic.
- Programming of Siemens S7-300 controllers & Step 7 software & Omron CJ1 & 2 PLC's & CX Programmer
- Experience of ASI & Devicenet fieldbus systems
Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience in a design position within the Materials Handling & Storage industry, or machine control environment and/or CAD techniques
- SolidWorks experience
- Sage200 experience