33607Project Engineer - PLM implementation
Location: Multiple Location - Primary at Whitley, Coventry (at present) but please be prepared to travel across all JLR sites.
JLR is currently deploying new processes and tools as part of its global business growth. This role is to support the roll-out of these processes and technologies to the global supplier community. Help to manage the deployment of PLM based tools and processes to the supplier community. Further develop a process to ensure suppliers maintain their (standards, tools & process) capability and competence. Manage the engagement between the Programme, Purchasing and Engineering functions and the Suppliers across the PD and AME organisations to improve the quality and control of Supplier deliverables. Feed the programme requirements to the on-boarding partner managed service. Pro-actively drive continuous improvement by defining new processes and introducing new technologies to realise business benefits. Act as the SME for internal and external tools and processes of engagement team. Maintain an understanding of the standards, tools and processes. Evaluate existing processes and tools and make improvements wherever necessary. Work within a Prince2 project delivery framework ensuring that key project documents are kept up to date at all times. Define and manage KPIs to ensure the business and local management team are aware of progress, risks and issues but most importantly the value being delivered. Present technical material to large audiences at external Supplier events.
3 KEY SKILLS
Ability to learn, understand and communicate new processes and software tools
Strong Engagement & face to face Communication skills
Ability to manage multiple issues & projects in a professional manner
1) Experience of implementing PLM solutions within a global context.
2) Proven experience of engagement with cross-functional teams and senior management, in implementing technological solutions.
3) Proven experience of business engagement and internal communication, including demonstrable stakeholder and relationship management experience.
1) Experience of working within a global organisation or with a global supplier base.
2) Proven track record in Project Management and implementation of technological solutions.
3) Knowledge of process definition and management.
Additional Information :
This roll would ideally suit some-one who has had hands on experience of PLM implementations and APQP, PSW and IMDS reporting and is looking to adapt those skills to global supplier community management. Travel between JLR sites might be required. Primary Location: Whitely (at present)