GForces is one of Europe's largest specialist automotive digital agencies. We're also a leading supplier of internet software and services. We work directly with vehicle manufacturers, over half of the UK's top 200 automotive retailers, independent dealers, European operations and the Middle East's largest vehicle distributors. GForces are a global agency with the reach, knowhow and experience to enhance automotive brands and businesses so they perform at their best online.
Our digital-orientated focus helps our clients nurture more dynamic, productive relationships with their customers. At the same time, our utilisation of the most productive offline channels further expands what we can offer and deliver. We develop data-driven marketing strategies that meet the challenges of delivering to today's connected and informed consumers and that exceed expectations. If you think you can help us achieve that and more, then we look forward to hearing from you!
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Software Developer to join our UK Development team and contribute to our industry leading platforms. You will work closely with other Developers, Software Testers and Product Managers to drive our platforms forward exploring new technologies and approaches to existing challenges.
Your main task will be the rapid development of commercial software to our NetDirector product range. Your work must be of a very high quality and follow company programming standards (of which you will have significant input).
Candidates must be ambitious and have proven commercial experience as a PHP Web Developer. In return they will gain support from a large team of developers in taking their ideas and development ambitions to another level.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement
- Create appropriate technical documentation and configuration management records
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all IT business information
- Assume proactive involvement in personal and technical development
- Assist senior members of the team
- Peer Review work of other team members to ensure functionality is as expected
- Current working experience of Object Oriented PHP (>=5.4)
- Version control (GIT /SVN)
- Good Knowledge of PHP framework principles (experience of Yii2 would be advantageous)
- Awareness of Continuous Integration / Unit Testing / BDD / TDD
- Experience in the creation of Technical Documentation
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or NoSQL
- Familiar with API principles (SOAP, REST, HATEOAS)
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence products would be advantageous
- Knowledge or experience of Angular2 (advantageous)
- Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure is advantageous
What's in it for you?
Benefits include: Flexible working hours, Group pension plan, discounted health care package, preferential car buying rates, childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity and paternity, plus much more.
If you feel that you have the skills that we are looking for then please apply now with your CV and covering letter.
ACT Talent are recruitment partners, working exclusively on behalf of GForces. All applications received directly to GForces, will be re-directed back to ACT Talent for consideration.