Buyer / Purchasing Manager
Buyer / Purchasing Manager
£35,000 - £45,000
A well established, nationwide electrical contractor business is currently seeking an experienced Buyer / Purchasing Manager to join their experienced and forward thinking team of professionals.
As a NICEIC Approved Contractor and also a member of The ECA, ROSPA and The British Safety Council, the company provide a wide range of electrical installation services. Their structure gives them with the ability to provide a wide range of services and as such, are progressively winning nationwide, high-brand profile contracts and their associated projects, achieving an annual turnover of £7M.
The successful Buyer / Purchasing Manager candidate will have sole responsibility of all the company buying activities. They will manage the procurement and purchasing function for all the company project materials, products, consumables, plant & equipment required to carry out the company trading operations.
Be responsible for all purchasing activities within the company, and will include but not limited to:
- Negotiation with potential or existing suppliers regarding prices, timing and quality.
- Appraising data on the stock system throughout the company.
- Monitoring stock levels, and recommending action to control stocks.
- Contributing to product demand forecasting.
- Managing the buying / hiring of Plant and Equipment.
- Managing and coordinating company deliveries and collections
- Liaising with onsite project management to understand key project milestones and material demands.
- Liaising with the estimators/design team to understand project requirements.
- Liaising with the onsite supervision ensuring all material requirements have been met.
- Checking and cross referencing material take-off to ensure correct items of material are ordered in line with project requirement and programmes.
- Continuous monitoring and updating of cost prices together with current project spend.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Communication Skills a must (Verbal, Written & Face to Face)
- Computer Skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Packages - Excel, Outlook, Word
- Ability to identify and set priorities
- Organise appropriate resources to meet objectives
- Successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions
- Pay attention to detail and check work for accuracy and quality.
- Qualified as an Electrical Engineer/Electrician would be advantageous (desirable)
Does this Buyer / Purchasing Manager opportunity sound like your next move? - If so, click the 'apply now' button shown on this vacancy and send us your CV.
Candidate consideration and interviews are happening now.White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.