IT Systems Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting for an IT Systems Engineer to join their successful, friendly and worldwide recognised software company in the field of visualisation, alarming and historian software.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented graduate/candidate with a good technical skill-set, including key Microsoft software and core networking skills, to work with an established technology company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the IT Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the daily management of the existing IT and telecoms infrastructure within the organisation’s headquarters and a number of remote offices throughout the UK. The successful candidate will be fully involved in the design and deployment of the company’s extended services by liaising with internal staff and external suppliers. You will also be required to provide support to other team members and groups within the company.
• Flexible 'can do' approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work quickly and to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated, problem-solving mind set
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Diligent documentation and recording ability
• Excellent logical and analytical thinking
• Outstanding organisation and planning skills
• Ability to manage work load and prioritise
• Comfortable working in a small team and with minimal supervision
• A full UK driving licence is preferable
• Maintain, expand, and deploy newer versions of:
o CRM Dynamics 4 and later
o Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Terminal Services
o Anti-virus software
• Maintain existing and roll-out new systems using
o Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2
o Windows 7 & 8.
• Excellent working knowledge of Hyper-V and VMWare
• General Networking Skills, including:
o Router/Firewall/VPN management
o TCP/IP & VLANsetup
o CCTV and VOIP
Salary will be based on experience and will be approx. £20,000 - £25,000 per annum.
The position is expected to last for 48 weeks.
Please submit a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role, taking into account the details of the job specification.