Senior Document Controller
A large blue chip client of ours require a Senior Document Controller for a 12 month fixed term contract on a large project in Warwick.
Although this is a fixed term contract they offer additional training and investment in the right person, it is also highly likely that there may be a permanent role available at the end of this contract.
- Manage a team of 3-4 (as required) staff to deliver an exceptional administration and document management service to the project
- To prepare and agree plans to deliver the service, specifically project Information Management Plan and collaboration protocols
- To establish roles and responsibilities for Administrative team, working with relevant Functional Head(s)
- To be involved in the selection of the administrative team, retention of staff, personal development, training and appraisals
The team will manage:
- Administration and reception
- Ensure effective communications systems are in place
- Document Control- Asite (or other collaboration tool)
- Quality & Inspection System - Fieldview for raising tasks, forms or process
- Juggler - support to the logistics management team
- Internal Document Management (master file hard copy and file server)
- Administrate email management system
- Co-ordinate and collate Project Reporting
- Monitoring/updating of the project business plan with the Project Director/Project Leader
- Managing the Quality procedures for all Administrative and Document Control activities
- Etendering assistance and training for Procurement team
- Deliver Training to staff on IT systems where required
- Manage the delivery of training for the project
- Liaise with relevant parties for production of the H&S File
- Office set up and management of facilities
- Community liaison and project branding
- Impact records
- Manage archiving process through project life cycle
- Review procedures and systems and provide feed back
Group Leader Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Attend quarterly document control group leader meetings to discuss and agree objectives and contribute to policy decisions
- Hold quarterly meetings with individual group to discuss issues, provide help, support, guidance and enable knowledge sharing
- Collate ideas and suggestions for publication on to Project Administration community site on iGate
- Manage and feedback outstanding issues to Functional Head of Information Management
- Be involved in the training and personal development of individual members of their group
- Good technical ability
- Knowledge of collaboration tools and EDMS's
- Good knowledge of construction processes
- Good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage, support, motivate and develop staff
- Can work under pressure and to timescales
Must have previous experience in a similar role.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.