Macildowie is pleased to be working with a family owned business based in Newcastle under Lyme, as they look to strengthen their Procurement function by recruiting an experienced Buyer to their team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
* Identifying new overseas sources whilst working closely with colleagues to ensure continuity of supply with existing UK suppliers.
* Negotiating and managing overseas suppliers with particular regard to cost, lead time and quality.
* Ensure purchases are made in the most cost effective way, whilst monitoring stocks without affecting sales.
* Continuously benchmarking against alternative suppliers (Globally) to avoid single source situations.
* Planning requirements, being mindful of shipping times and import procedures.
* Monitoring currency exchange rates and the effect this will have on purchases.
* Results / progress will be made available and kept up to date so reports are clear and concise.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience in a busy Procurement department
* International buying experience within a manufacturing industry.
* Strong negotiation and communication skills.
* Computer Literate
* Able to make overseas trips to meet with Suppliers
This is a great opportunity to work in a growing business, in an International Purchasing capacity.
You will be joining a small friendly team, who are looking for this additional resource to ensure the continued growth of the business.
This role offers a salary of between GBP30,000 - GBP32,000 plus free parking plus other benefits
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at .