Team Leader: Manufacturing
Up to GBP26,000 Inc shift allowance
The Shift pattern will be 6-2 / 2-10 rotating days
This specialist manufacturing business, is part of a large, multi-national business. Due to an internal promotion, the business has asked us to recruit an experienced manufacturing team leader.
To organise and support a small team to achieve optimum production performance and ensure all current and future systems and standards are realised and maintained. It covers all site operational activities; aims to achieve agreed output targets, within set safety and quality standards to ensure customers receive their orders on time and in full.
Reporting to the Process Manager, this role is critical to the overall production team success as well as the department's continuous improvement and cost reduction agenda.
Along with the Site, Production and Process Managers, you will ensure manufacturing capability develops in line with business plans and drive improvements in Environmental, Health & Safety, and Quality & Productivity.
The Team Leader will take full responsibility for staff designated to his/her area in consultation with the Process Manager. Deputise for the Process Manager, as required.
You will be responsible for achieving KPI targets ; working with the Maintenance Engineer to restore and maintain equipment to a level of "as new" in order to ensure highest possible unit quality.
No specific qualification but good levels of numeracy, literacy and IT Skills would be required.
The following would be advantageous:
- Manufacturing or business discipline
- Management / Leadership qualifications
- Health & Safety (IOSH Certificate or similar is desirable)
- Quality management system experience
Specific Work Experience required to fulfil the role:
- Experience of manufacturing / production environment within supervisory roles in similar fast moving and high depend environments
- Ensure effective communications both verbal and written to and between all shifts and all levels.
- Exposure to implementing continuous improvement projects / cultural change
- Good all round knowledge of the process flow and systems of work that will enable cover to be provided in other areas when required.
- Committed to achieving high personal and professional standards and strong analytical skills
- Strong quality and customer service focus
- People management experience; attaining and maintaining positive employee relations and morale
- Proven experience of leading and developing teams
- Ability to deputise for Process Manager
If you feel you can add value to the business, then please apply.