Motor Trade Workshop Controller
Automotive Workshop Controller/Technician
Basic up to GBP28,000 + GBP4,000 OTE
Monday to Friday, Saturday on Rota
My Client, a family-run Main Car Dealer in Coventry is looking for an experienced Technician/Workshop Controller to join its expanding business today!
Due to the nature of their success and the product they represent, this position is brand new to the company and will therefore allow you to make your own mark on the company! This business wants somebody who is experienced, extremely organised and looking for the right role within a company that treats each employee like a member of the family. Management have all been with this company for an extremely long time so support is never far away.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Allocating work to Technicians
• Monitor Progress of repairs and service and communicate to service advisor of any delays
• Check capacity in the bodyshop based on any additional work requirements
• Ensure that quality checks are carried out to brand guidelines
• Monitor and give feedback on operative's quality and efficiency
• Maintain your own level of productivity (naturally less than usual)
You will be expected to be semi-efficient, so you will still keep your hand on the tools and never lose your Mechanical ability. To apply, you must have experience within a Main Dealer as either a Technician or as a Workshop Controller.
Our standard procedure is to speak to you before we send your CV out to any of our clients so please make sure that your contact details are on your CV.