Account Manager / Field Sales Executive - (Derby to Wolverhampton) - GBP
A Communications giant is on the hunt for an experienced Account Manger / Field Sales Executive who will be responsible for the total account management of a set number of accounts within the Public Sector and a geographic area covering Derby to Wolverhampton whilst reporting directly into the Sales Manager.
The role requires the suitable candidate to spend one day per week in the client's Birmingham office and four days per week in the field covering Derby to Wolverhampton.
The Account Manager / Field Sales Executive will have responsibility for both customer and prospect accounts while creating opportunities to supply a full product portfolio from the client's suite. Managing the entire sales life-cycle through the client's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system from inception to closing the deal and responsible for achieving the allocated monthly revenue target
The role of the Account Manager / Field Sales Executive will incorporate the following responsibilities:
- In line with regional and company targets undertake the following;
- Maintain agreed appointment levels
- Manage the Sales Pipeline
- Associated Administration
- Achieve agreed Revenue Targets / Product Mix targets and required business quality
- Regular account management reviews face to face with key influencers and decision makers within customer and prospect base, to discuss and develop opportunities to upgrade, replace or enhance the use of client's expanding portfolio of products and solutions.
- Provide pre sales and post sales support and respond to all customer issues within 24 hours
- Undertake Public Sector Account Management;
- Understanding processes
- Associated decisions and behaviours
- Procurement Rules
- Tendering Processes
- Service Level Agreements
- Framework Agreements
- Public Sector Timescales
Time Management (Organisation & Administration)
- Attend one team day per week in the office / 4 days per week in the field and organise a minimum of 12 customer/prospect appointments per week.
- Apply effective territory management to minimise the costs to the business through efficient time management, and reduction of fuel and travel costs.
- Manage the CRM system to update opportunities and activity for the purpose of self management and business reviews with line manager.
- Process orders effectively on the CRM system and submit the completed paperwork on time to the Regional Administrator
- Update the CRM system accurately with all appropriate KPI's, Pipeline, Opportunity and Revenue achievement on a daily basis in order to assist in monitoring progress toward set targets as well as allowing Line management to carry out productive one to one sessions.
- Sales Forecasts should be submitted on a Weekly/Monthly and Quarterly basis Update MAPS documents on specific target accounts
- Maintain daily contact with line manager in relation to progress and undertake twice yearly competency framework reviews carried out by the Sales Manager
- Present a Business Plan at the start of each financial quarter to include KPI management and Target Account activities which should align with the annual plan that will assist in achieving weekly and monthly targets
Budget Management/Financial Resources
- Achieving Annual Revenue Target, broken down by the client's business and product mix as well as being influenced by the company objectives of 75% lease penetration and the correct discount levels for hardware, software and service
- 1 + years experience in Account Management in the Public Sector.
- Significant essential Knowledge of the sales cycle - skilled in both transactional and solution selling
- Significant sales experience in a similar field
- Graduate (or demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and relay information accurately to customers)
- Knowledge of presentation skills and associated technologies E.g. PowerPoint and comparable CRM systems
- Essential significant knowledge in the theory and application of Account Management
- Have a Significant understanding of Bid Management and Tendering processes
- Have a Significant understanding of framework agreements and understand customer SLA's
- An awareness of forward planning and an understanding of the Sales Cycle within Capital Equipment or Solutions Environment
- Significant time management and organisational skills & experience
- Extensive demonstrable experience of ability to achieve set targets including revenue, margin and business mix as per Key Metrics
- Understanding of calculations associated with the Sales process such as Lease Rates etc
- Extensive experience and ability to influence and negotiate with customers successfully and effectively
- Exposure of working with customers to identify issues and needs and apply appropriate solutions
What's in it for you?
- Company Car / Car Allowance + Laptop + Mobile
- 23 days annual leave (plus public holidays and the option to buy/sell leave)
- Excellent retirement savings plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent recognition (including incentive trips and award schemes)
- Eye care and flu jabs
- Season ticket loans
All Applications must be willing to travel 4 days in a week and hold a full UK Driving License.
All Applicants must have the right to legally remain and work in the United Kingdom.
My Client is an Equal Opportunities employer who accepts applications from everyone so please feel free to apply.
All suitable applicants will be notified accordingly as the Client is looking to interview immediately!