Our client is looking to recruit an Advice Technician to join their busy and reputable team. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Advice Assurance Manager.
- Understand the firm's Advice Guidance in order to maintain and develop knowledge of the firm's technical approaches.
- Conduct advice audits both on a pre-submission and post-submission basis, in line with the firm's Training and Competence Scheme.
- Perform an assessment on specific case-types, which carry high risk to the client, firm and the firm's IFA's at the second stage of pre-approval.
- Deliver informative and constructive feedback to IFA's in connection with audits and stage 2 pre-approvals conducted.
- Assist with past-business auditing in relation to FCA Thematic Reviews.
- Identify potentially unsuitable advice cases and phase 2 pre-approval declines and referral to the Advice Assurance Coordinator as necessary.
- Deal with the day-to-day advice and regulatory queries from other departments, undertake research in order to provide informed responses.
- Involvement in investigations in order to determine whether breaches in the firm's processes have created any client detriment.
- Involvement in investigations into client complaints, following the firm's standard complaints procedure and formulating client final responses where necessary.
- Provide new business concessions where necessary, and refer to Advice and Regulatory Administration for recording.
- Complete regulatory industry update summaries for dissemination to the Advice Assurance Coordinator.
- Maintain a good level of knowledge and technical understanding of all financial planning concepts.
The successful role holder should have their Diploma in Financial Planning and be willing to take further qualifications, which are relevant to the role. You should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of personal financial planning along with having a high standard of written and numerical skills, and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You will also need to show experience in an IFA environment, demonstrating quality communications of constructive feedback.
Please note, due to the high level of responses we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has not been successful.