EC&I Team Leader
Our client is a leading Technology provider, supplying the Energy from Waste market across the UK and Europe. The company has developed a highly optimised process of staged gasification with steam cycle which delivers advanced conversion technology. With several projects under-way simultaneously, the company is growing rapidly and now requires as experienced EC&I Team Leader.
• Prepare, in conjunction with Engineering Manager, engineering estimates for EC&I Engineering scopes of work, when requested and monitor costs against budget
• Supervise the preparation and issue of EC&I Engineering deliverables, which may be at a 'hands-on' level, in line with the overall programme agreed with the Engineering Manager and Project Manager
• Review and comment on EC&I Engineering deliverables prepared by other EC&I Engineers, typically Control Philosophies, Functional Design Specifications, Logic Diagrams, Instrument and I/O Schedules, Single Line Diagrams, Electrical Load Schedules, Wiring Diagrams, Electrical Schematics etc ???
• Attend and contribute to Design Reviews, as required
• Review and coordinate EC&I Engineering deliverables from external parties; comment on and action amendments where necessary with relevant parties
• Instigate and co-ordinate Value Engineering for the EC&I Engineering design discipline
• Attend Engineering and inter-discipline meetings and to liaise with other disciplines, as required, to achieve the design intent
• Provide input into the site based commissioning activities with respect to instrumentation and control.
• Attend and contribute to regular internal and client review meetings and follow up actions, as required
• Monitor, be aware of and record changes to EC&I Engineering work scopes and instigate project change requests as required
• Provide Engineering Manager with updates on the status of EC&I Engineering team deliverables across projects
• Provide EC&I Engineering cover across projects, where required
• Recruit, mentor and appraise team members, as required
• Implement and maintain EC&I Engineering Standards and 'best practice'
University degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, HND or similar qualification.
Knowledge and Experience:
Ideally 5 years' instruments and / or control engineering and / or power plant experience within same or closely related industry working on capital plant
Some knowledge of Profibus, DCS, SCADA engineering and / or software engineering / coding, MCC's, VSD's, electrical machines and harmonics would be very beneficial
Knowledge of ATEX