Senior Advice Technician
Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Advice Technician to join their busy and expanding team. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Advice Assurance Manager.
- Participation in the Advice Guidance Executive Committee, offering constructive input into technical discussions to assist in the formulation of the Group's Advice Guidance strategy
- Occasional inclusion in project work, assisting in the development of advice and regulatory processes across the business.
- Participation in adding value through direct discussion on complex financial planning cases with IFAs.
- Assisting with the higher-level post-audit of advice provided by advisers, where necessary.
- Offering clear and considered decisions on cases which carry a high risk to the client, firm and the firm's IFAs.
- Dealing with day-to-day advice and higher level regulatory queries from other departments, undertaking research, where necessary, in order to provide informed responses.
- Financial promotions - analysing proposed advertising content to assess technical and regulatory suitability.
- Designing and delivering understandable and concise Financial Planning Report templates for use across the range of products and service provided, both personal and corporate, in order to deliver understandable and suitable financial outcomes to our clients.
- Providing new business concessions, where necessary and referral to Administration for recording.
- Completing regulatory industry update summaries for dissemination to the Co-ordinator.
- Assisting with new recruit inductions and training, as and when required.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and technical understanding of all financial planning concepts and regulatory focuses through the completion of annual CPD.
- Assistance with any departmental function as required.
The role holder should have their Diploma in Financial Planning and be willing to take further qualifications, which are relevant to the role. You should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and show an interest in the concepts and requirements of personal and corporate financial planning, along with having an excellent standard of written and numerical skills and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You should also be experienced in the support of IFA's and other advisers and in particular in the preparation and delivery of research and suitability reports.
Please note, due to the high level of responses we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has not been successful.