Our client is an internationally recognised retailer looking for a Logistics Manager responsible for continuous improvement in their inbound supply chain.
The successful candidate will have management experience in a retail or FMCG environment with candidates with a supply chain or logistics background preferred. Educated to degree level, the successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be familiar with project management and continuous improvement techniques.
- Manages, develops and trains their Logistics Assistants.
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and develops operational plans for implementation.
- Identifies backhaul and freight diversion opportunities considering the net case/unit costs and carrier rates and ensures all related information is up to date.
- Carries out initial supplier site assessments for backhaul feasibility and special equipment requirements.
- Obtains and verifies transport rates from logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes.
- Works with the Warehouse & Distribution Section Managers to communicate and assist in implementing cost saving opportunities where required.
- Manages logistics service providers within contract guidelines.
- Monitors and records logistics service provider performance.
- Conduct logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence.
- Check domestic and international freight invoices against contract rates in preparation for authorisation.
- Review routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
- Resolve any service provision issues that may arise in consultation with the Logistics Director.
- Develop and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers.
- Carry out visits to suppliers and freight forwarders where necessary.
- Monitor logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates.
- Develop and maintain a register of domestic and international freight rates ensuring information is up to date.
- Maintain a register of statutory requirements ensuring all information is up to date.
- Ensure adherence to all legal requirements in his/her area of responsibility.
- Carries out year-end tasks.
- Calculate and confirm store delivery and backhaul charges (if applicable).
- Supervise use of route optimisation/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met on daily basis (if applicable).
- Coordinate with internal/external route optimisation application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required (if applicable).
- Liaise with pallet pooling suppliers to coordinate and monitor national requirements (if applicable).
Please note: due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.