Systems Engineer - Backup, Veeam, Servers, SAN's
Systems Engineer - Managed Services - Veeam, Backup, VMware, Servers, SAN's, Linux Redhat
£28,000 - £38,000 + On-Call + Benefits
This client are an established, award winning Application and Security Managed Service Provider. Their core aim is to help their clients Transform, Manage and Secure their business. They specialise in the transformation of the application and the underlying IT infrastructure that supports their client's businesses.
They are looking for a focused, professional and motivated Systems Engineer to join their Operational Support Team.
Working in their managed and enterprise services functions, you will be tasked with varied responsibilities and you will have major technology capability in the areas of Backup i.e. Exec, Veeam, VMware, Data Protector, EVA SAN's and Wintel.
You will naturally be client focused with an excellent service ethic and sound communication and documentation skills coupled with good analytical and troubleshooting techniques.
- You will maintain high level of expertise in designated products and components of the Windows Operating System, associated hardware and VMware
- You will require knowledge of monitoring alerting, logging and status messages. Maintenance tasks i.e. reviewing backups and patching systems
- You will own, track and resolve support tickets related to incidents, problems and changes
- You will participate in on-call rotation; will require after-hours and weekend cover and occasional bank / public holidays.
- You will be required to understand and adhere to company standards and systems for Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Information Security management and, as necessary, assist in their monitoring and improvement.
To support their Enterprise Physical and Virtual Windows, Backup, Veeam, VMware and Wintel environments including activities such as provisioning, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Backup Exec
- Veeam Backup
- Data Protector
- EVA SAN's
- Tape Library
- Linux Redhat
This is an excellent career opportunity where you will join and grow within an established IT solutions company who are expanding their Birmingham based headquarters imminently.
Call Experis IT today!