Desktop Infrastructure Analyst - Citrix
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated and personable individual to help manage a global desktop environment. This will include covering the desktop operating system and related application packaging and delivery, including the Citrix farms and SCCM. You will need to be adaptable and able to work on multiple projects at one time as well as your BAU.
You will be providing high quality 3rd line technical support to business users and 3rd parties. This will be done through ensuring all service desk calls and emails are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Main responsibility will be deploying applications to the global desktop environment, maintaining standards and improving where possible. This environment includes Citrix as well as physical desktops/laptops.
- Supporting Global Citrix infrastructure - deploying servers, maintaining apps and infrastructure, working with vendors to resolving issues
- Creating a new automated builds - creating the WIM, packaging the applications and creating a new task sequence to deploy the apps to the WIM
- Responsible for deployment of security patches to test environments then to production, and following up after the deployment to ensure success rates are high, fixing any problems where they arise
- Ensuring support projects are controlled and measured and all changes are made in a controlled manner
- To provide high quality third line technical support to all staff and 3rd parties. Desktop environment management remains primary responsibility but must also be prepared to help out with day-to-day Service Desk issues where unable to be fixed by 2nd line teams
- To answer and log/update IT Service Desk requests, ensuring timely and effective response to user requests
- To escalate any issue to ensure all responses are timely
- To work with the management team in improving systems and user relations.
- To follow-up issues with users to ensure that problems are resolved and customer service is improved
- Working in alignment with the ITIL framework
Due to being a global IT operational environment, projects, problems and the impact of different time zones may demand evening and weekend working. This will be scheduled well in advance plus some projects may mean taking short trips to offices worldwide.
In return a salary of up to £39,000 is on offer, Plus excellent benefits.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.