Systems Development & Delivery Manager
Salary: £53,500 - £65,500
Location: Wythall (South Birmingham)
Working pattern: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months
Closing date: 23 August 2017 at midnight
Initial 12 month fixed term employed contract - Package consists of a base salary, Completion Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension contributions and much more
As part of the FAS Planning & Delivery Team, this role will lead on Finance System changes in support of major programmes, projects and organisational change initiatives, usually spanning a number of business units (PGMS, Group, Life Divisions), to ensure that these deliver on time, within budget and achieve all agreed business objectives.
The Role specifics:
This new role falls into many areas of specialism - including: Project Delivery, Stakeholder Management, Technical Systems based knowhow and people oversight. If you are successfully placed in this position some of the key tasks you would be required to deliver are:
- To manage development and delivery of their Finance Systems change requirements, agreeing scope, key milestone dates and dependencies through to implementation.
- Ensure designated Finance Systems project teams and supporting business units produce the required deliverables to required standards of quality within specified constraints of time and cost, providing a quality service to Business led Programmes and Projects.
- Assist the Implementation Team in the co-ordination of multiple, sequential scheduled deliveries to ensure integration activities are planned in advance. There could be 3 or 4 scheduled releases at different stages of the Systems Development & Delivery Life cycle at any point in time.
- Ensure that all inter-dependencies between teams and supporting business units are managed and projects are resourced to achieve agreed deliveries.
- Ensure proper governance is followed throughout the delivery with lessons learned for continuous improvement.
- Provide effective communication in the support of both planning and delivery activities through written and verbal updates, highlighting key progress, risks and issues.
- Plan FAS team and supporting business units work, using modern Project management standards and tools adhering to the agreed Finance Systems Delivery Life cycle.
As a fully qualified (Prince II or equivalent) professional you should be able to demonstrate:
- Management of complex high risk, Finance Systems projects.
- Management of multi-project releases from project integration into live.
- Excellent project management, planning and organising skills based on understanding of multiple project management methods.
- Able to plan and manage external dependencies and multiple project dependencies.
- Relationship building at all levels up to Senior Management, including external stakeholders.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge and experience of multiple project management methodologies
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. Our amazing facilities at Wythall offer free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes….we could go on! We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
For the opportunity to find out more about our company, and to complete your application, please use the Apply button.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first-time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: 23 August 2017.