Senior Principal Accountant
Applications from candidates with only industry experience will not be considered. Please only apply if you have a practice background with at least 4 years’ experience post qualification experience or at least 6 years' pre qualification experience.
The successful candidate should be able to prepare statutory accounts , sole trader/partnership accounts, VAT returns & tax returns without supervision.
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Accounts prep for Sole Traders, Ltd Companies and Partnerships
- Corporation tax and self-assessment returns
- VAT returns and reconciliations
- Client liaison via email, face to face and over the telephone
- Deal with HMRC Compliance checks
Essential skills and experience required:
- ACCA 4 years’ post qualification experience in an accountancy practice or qualified by experience of at least 6 years.
- Organised and methodical with strong numerical abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, excel and Outlook
- Experienced in electronic bookkeeping and accounts/tax return preparation software
- Strong technical ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Manage workflow and supervise junior staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving license