Project and Improvement Manager
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!Job Summary
Manage the delivery of Improvement Projects within time and budget constraints. Partnering both internal and external resources to ensure successful delivery of sustainable improvement solutions across the European Distribution Network.
Lead and develop a culture of continuous improvement and ensuring effective change management during the delivery of a project life cycle.Key Responsibilities
- Accountable for delivering agreed improvement solutions that drive business results from initialization through to implementation across distribution.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of projects through key stages of the project life cycle including, but not limited to, Define Project Success Criteria, Initialisation, Requirements Design, Build, Install and Implement.
- Accountable for the delivery plan and its associated critical path, ensuring work breakdown structures meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Accountable for delivering the financials, including baselines, forecasting, reporting, and reconciliation.
- Create strategies for issues and risk mitigation and contingency planning, for issues escalated by Stakeholders, SME’s and/or work-stream leads (including third parties).
- Train and partner Distribution leaders in LSS methodology.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement across all European Distribution sites
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of Distribution, Retail or FMCG business projects.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and business partnering skills.
- Ability to multi-task and alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities.
- Experience with PC based project management tools including M S Project, MS Word, Visio and MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Formal Project Management Accreditation: Current PRINCEII and/or Certification in LSS Black Belt.
- experience in the application of M.O.S.T. is desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of project delivery life cycle methodology and project management techniques is highly desirable.
- Ability to provide critical analysis to support the decision to proceed or not to proceed with the project.
- Experience of co-ordination and management of third parties including outsource relationships.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- People leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Full driving licence is required.
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.